Join us for the Global Table Collective Launch with Iraqi and Syrian food and music.
Saturday 29th February 2020, 6.30pm at Adamstown Uniting Church
Tickets: $55. Book at trybooking Ticket includes a 3 course meal, cold drink, tea or coffee and multicultural music entertainment.
The Global Table Collective 2020 Program
- The Global Table Collective Launch with Iraqi and Syrian food and music – 29th February 6.30pm
- Iraqi cuisine cooking class – Saturday 21st March 11am – 3pm
- Iranian Global Table Collective meal – Saturday 16th May, 6.30pm
- Iranian cuisine cooking class – Saturday 20th June, 11am – 3pm
- Look out for 2 more multicultural meals and cooking classes in 2020!
The Global Table Collective brings people together around the table to share food, stories and music from diverse cultures by:
- Creating a place to build relationships with people from multicultural backgrounds by sharing in the love of food and people.
- Employing women from refugee backgrounds to share their catering expertise.
- Providing a community of support and networking for people from Refugee backgrounds who are interested in working in the hospitality industry.
All profits for The Global Table Collective go to the women who cook the meals.
- The Global Table shared meals include a 3 course meal, cold drink, tea or coffee and multicultural music entertainment. Cost: $55
- Alcohol is available for purchase at the venue: Adamstown Uniting Church, corner of Brunker Road and Glebe Road Adamstown
- Cooking classes cost $70 and include cooking instruction, ingredients, recipes and a shared meal
- To book go to trybooking.com Bookings close one week before the event.
How can you get involved?
- Grab some friends and come to a meal cooked by women from refugee backgrounds with experience in catering, whilst enjoying the music from their various cultures.
- Book in to a cooking class and learn to cook delicious food from other cultures.
- Assist with volunteering in the kitchen food prep or venue set up.
- Tell people you know about this project and share the link.
To get involved email Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org
“If you are more fortunate than others, it’s better to build a longer table than a taller fence.”
This project is supported by Adamstown Uniting Church and Adamstown Arts and a team of volunteers who support diversity, inclusion, creativity and social justice.