- This event has passed.
POSTPONED – The Global Table Collective – Iranian Cuisine Cooking Class
Saturday 20 June @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm$70
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
Come and join us for an immersive cooking experience where you will learn to cook foods from cultures rich in tradition and story. Learn recipes from a range of cultures where food is at the heart of community and family celebrations with recipes handed down through generations. In participating in these cooking classes you will be supporting woman who have come as refugees from around the world who want to share their culinary skills and love of cooking with the people of Newcastle.
Book at trybooking – Cooking class costs $70 and include cooking instruction, ingredients, recipes and a shared meal
The Global Table Collective brings people together around the table to share food, stories and music from diverse cultures by:
- Creating a place to build relationships with people from multicultural backgrounds by sharing in the love of food and people.
- Employing women from refugee backgrounds to share their catering expertise.
- Providing a community of support and networking for people from Refugee backgrounds who are interested in working in the hospitality industry.
All profits for The Global Table Collective go to the women who cook the meals.
- The Global Table shared meals include a 3 course meal, cold drink, tea or coffee and multicultural music entertainment.
- Alcohol is available for purchase at the venue: Adamstown Uniting Church, corner of Brunker Road and Glebe Road Adamstown
- Cooking classes cost $70 and include cooking instruction, ingredients, recipes and a shared meal
- Bookings close one week before the event.
How can you get involved?
- Grab some friends and come to a meal cooked by women from refugee backgrounds with experience in catering, whilst enjoying the music from their various cultures.
- Book in to a cooking class and learn to cook delicious food from other cultures.
- Assist with volunteering in the kitchen food prep or venue set up.
- Tell people you know about this project and share the link.
To get involved email Ruth at email@example.com
“If you are more fortunate than others, it’s better to build a longer table than a taller fence.”
This project is supported by Adamstown Uniting Church and Adamstown Arts and a team of volunteers who support diversity, inclusion, creativity and social justice.